I would be happy to consider any independently published fantasy, science fiction, or horror e-books for review. Please look over the following policies in regard to reviews.
- I will ONLY review independently-published books in the above three genres, that have been published in e-book format. “Independently-published” means either self-published or published through a very small press (I’ll be the judge of what “very small” means; anything put out by the Big 6 is obviously excluded from this term but there may be others that are, too). Why indie only? Because I want to encourage indie publishing. Why only those genres? Because those are the ones I feel best-qualified to review and I don’t want to mess up your killer romance novel with a review by someone who wouldn’t know good romance from bad. Why only e-books? Because it’s easier and that’s the wave of the future anyway. If you’re also published in print that’s great, but I’ll review only e-copies.
- Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not attach a copy of your book. Or anything else, please.
- Do, however, include links where I can look over your book description and sample portion. I would prefer the link be to either Amazon or Smashwords, but Barnes & Noble is acceptable, too.
- Put the words REVIEW REQUEST (all caps, so I will notice even if I haven’t had my morning coffee yet) in the subject line of your email.
- Do NOT offer payment. (Don’t offer payment to anyone else for a review, either. If they ask for one, tell them where to head in. That’s tacky and there’s no excuse for it.)
- I won’t review (or edit) works in progress. Only published e-books. I’ll consider any length, but would prefer full-length novels (50,000 words and up).
- If I decide to review your book, I’ll send you an email requesting a full copy or (my preference) a Smashwords coupon.
- Reviews will be honest. However, I won’t accept for review anything I don’t expect to give at least three stars. If you get worse than that, it’s because the full book seriously disappointed compared to the sample and description.
- Reviews will be posted here as blog posts, and also on Amazon and Smashwords.
I don’t promise to review your book. I can’t promise to let you know if your book is not selected, although I’ll try to as time permits. I can and do (of course) promise to let you know if it is selected, and I’ll send you notice when the review is done and posted.